Hello. I am Mariam Zakarian. I work with art, music, design, games & photography.
Born in Armenia, based in Denmark, living where the work takes me. I’ve always gravitated toward creativity in its many shapes and forms. In my personal projects I tend to enjoy realism and surrealism the most, but I find it important to work with different media and styles so that each idea can find its own appropriate manifestation. I’m self-taught in everything I do, and I use my crafts to understand, process and communicate my experiences.
Work and artistic bio:
- 1987: Drawing and painting since I could hold a pencil.
- 1993: Writing and publishing poetry in Armenia and Lebanon.
- 1999: First solo exhibition in Denmark. Started drawing portraits.
- 2003: Began singing and writing music.
- 2004: Learned photography, modeling and working with digital media.
- 2009: Started working as a designer for albums, logos, game graphics & custom tattoos.
- Co-founded the music project WILDEBEEST, for which I compose, write lyrics, sing and create visuals.
- 2010: Began working as event photographer.
- 2012: Released the debut EP and music video for Red Song by WILDEBEEST.
- 2013: Started painting custom designs on guitars. Designing interactive music installations.
- 2014: Working as Concept Artist for film and games. Art Director for the virtual reality horror game XTODIE : RAGNAROK
- 2008 – 2009: Studied Medicine at Aarhus University, Denmark. Passed two Anatomy exams out of artistic interest in the human body.
- 2009 – 2012: BA in Digital Design at Aarhus University, Denmark.
- 2011 – 2012: Studied art history, music, fashion, portraiture, theater and dance at Stockholm University, Sweden.
- 2013 – present: Studying MSc. in Medialogy at Aalborg University in Copenhagen.
Exhibitions & premieres:
- 2012: Premiere of the WILDEBEEST music video for Red Song, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2012: Solo exhibition: Metamorphozes, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2010: Solo exhibition: HeArt, Aarhus, Denmark
- 2006: Group exhibition, Aabenraa, Denmark – with ‘Lament’
- 2005: Solo exhibition, Aabenraa, Denmark
- 1999: Solo exhibition, Padborg, Denmark
- 1998: Group exhibition, Vordingborg, Denmark