I’ve always gravitated toward creativity in its many shapes and forms. In my personal projects I tend to enjoy realism and surrealism the most, but I find it important to work with different media and styles so that each idea can find its own appropriate manifestation. I’m self-taught in everything I do, and I use my crafts to understand, process and communicate my experience of being a human.
Work and artistic bio:
Born in the rocky mountains of Armenia, lived in Denmark since age 8, currently residing where the work takes me.
- 1987: Been drawing and painting since I could hold a pencil.
- 1993: Writing and publishing poetry at age 6 in Armenia and Lebanon.
- 1999: Threw my first solo exhibition at age 12 in Denmark. Started drawing portraits.
- 2003: Began singing and writing music. Started exploring surrealism.
- 2004: Learned photography, modeling and working with digital media in Adobe PhotoShop.
- 2009: Started working as a designer for albums, logos, game graphics & custom tattoos.
- Co-founded my music project WILDEBEEST, for which I compose, write lyrics, sing and create visuals.
- 2010: Started working as a photographer for shows, concerts, parties, press etc.
- 2012: Released the debut EP for WILDEBEEST. Began working as a video editor. Released Red Song.
- 2013: Began painting custom designs on guitars.
I’ve been fortunate enough to be recognized for my creative activities, winning competitions, scholarships, awards and features on websites, newspapers, art communities and other publications.
- 2008 – 2009: Studied Medicine at Aarhus University, Denmark. Passed two Anatomy exams out of artistic interest in the human body.
- 2009 – 2012: Studied BA in Digital Design at Aarhus University, Denmark. Became a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Digital Design.
- 2011 – 2012: Spent 1 year of my BA studying art history, music, fashion, portraiture, theater and dance at Stockholm University, Sweden.
Exhibitions & premieres:
- 2012: Premiere of the WILDEBEEST music video for Red Song, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2012: Solo exhibition: Metamorphozes, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2010: Solo exhibition: HeArt, Aarhus, Denmark
- 2006: Group exhibition, Aabenraa, Denmark – with ‘Lament’
- 2005: Solo exhibition, Aabenraa, Denmark
- 1999: Solo exhibition, Padborg, Denmark
- 1998: Group exhibition, Vordingborg, Denmark